I take the privacy of your information very seriously and have created this policy to demonstrate my strong commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy. As a consquence it has also been prepared to disclose and describe my information gathering and dissemination practices.
First and foremost, before you read the legalese, please be assured that when you subscribe to my online services (free or paid) I do not sell, loan, or give your email address or other personal data to anybody. And when you register for books, documentaries or podcasts you consent to receiving regular emails from me (Mark Siddall) with updates, tips and ideas on Passivhaus, architecture, and homebuilding along with the occasional promotion for events, products and services that can help you with your project. You can, of course, unsubscribe at any time.
Furthermore, in the event you become a client, all payment processing is undertaken by third party organisations, which means I never access your bank details.
This policy was last updated on 21st May 2018
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to me. via my Websites. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of my Websites and/or when you use certain features of the Websites. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Mark Siddall/LEAP: a registered architect operating as a sole trader located in England, whose office is at 3 Toll House Road, Durham. DH1 4HU;
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User (or you): any third party that accesses my Websites and is not either (i) employed by me and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to me and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you have used to access this page and are currently using, and any sub-domains of these site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions. Website includes: MarkSiddall.com, PassivhausSecrets.co.uk, PassivhausMastery.com, ForeverHomeNetwork.com, LovinglyEngineeredArchitecture.com, Leap4.it and Leap4it.co.uk.
Third Party Websites: other websites not in my ownership.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. I may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. IP address (automatically collected);
c. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
d. Operating system (automatically collected);
e. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
f. Email address and other preferences (e.g. topics you have indicated you are interested in hearing about)
My use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Mark Siddall is the “data controller”.
6. I will retain any Data you submit only as long as in needed to provide you with the services you require (e.g. I will retain your email address, details and preferences as long as you choose to remain an email subscriber).
7. Unless I ame obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. I may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website (for example, I use Active Campaign to manage email communications involving one or more people). The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. I may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of my business activities or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
16. Payments for my products are processed securely through Stripe and Paypal via an external shopping cart (Thrivecart).
17. Because Stripe and Paypal handle all electronic transactions made, I never have access to your credit card or other financial information used for transactions.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by me (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £5.
21. To request a copy of your data simply email us on email@example.com to make the request.
22. Data security is of great importance me and to protect your Data I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
23. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
24. I endeavour to do my best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. I cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. When you first visit the website you will be asked to give your consent to place Cookies on your computer. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling me to provide a better experience and service to you. If you do not wish cookies to be placed on your computer, please do not use this website.
28. This Website may place the following Cookies:
29. Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of my website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies: They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my website when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables me to personalise my content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. I will use this information to make my website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. I may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
33. Data which I collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
37. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
38. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
3 Toll House Road
Tel: 0191 375 7702